Pages

Capping!

2nd Capping and Candle Lighting Ceremony



Click here to check out more pics.


When: July 8, 2006, Saturday
Where: Immaculate Heart of Mary Gymnasium, Holy Angel University
Time: 3:00pm

This was the event that we, the 3rd year students have all been waiting for! New uniform, new pin, a cap (for females) and of course, the real meaning of our course/profession starts..this is what they call “internship”! With more responsibilities on our hands! Whew. The tougher it gets huh? It really is a great feeling to reach this far. Capping is almost like graduation except in 3rd year college of nursing and is more solemn than the graduation itself hehe. Anyways, this is one of my memorable and unforgettable moment in life because this is once in a lifetime, and I'm lucky to have my parents here. Would you believe they flew all the way here to Phil. just to attend my Capping. Unlike some parents who didn’t attend to see their son/daughter get capped and pinned. Such parents huh! Well, it was a solemn ceremony though. But at the end before the recessional, noise was heard all over the gym with shouts, claps and joys on our faces. Congrats to all the 3rd Year Nursing Students who reached Capping! We’ve made it this far! Don’t let it slip away. ^-^

Never forget, of course..
The Florence Nightingale's Pledge:

I solemnly pledge myself before God
and in the presence of this assembly,
to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.

I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous,
and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.
I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession,
and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping
and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.

With loyalty will I endeavor
to aid the physician in his work,
and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

0 comments: