Pages

Seminar on Test Taking Strategies by Dr. Carl E. Balita, RN, RM, MAN, DrHum

I attended a seminar on Psychology of Test Taking Success and Test Taking Strategies today by Dr. Carl E. Balita, RN, RM, MAN, DrHum, held at the Multi-Purpose Room in San Francisco de Javier bldg. of our school (HAU) from 1-6pm, along with some of my classmates, some faculties, and other 4th year nursing students from different sections. The seminar was conducted by one of the groups of N-405 (if I'm not mistaken?).

I've learned a lot from this seminar. Short but meaningful phrases such as:
- "I was born to succeed."
- Pray.
- Relax.
- Focus.
- Don't over-analyze.
- Simply answer the "fucking" question.
- Prioritize through means of the Nursing Process or Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (but it still depends on the situation)
- If it's time to review, review; If it's time for fun, then have fun.
- Read and read and read.
..and many more to mention. Those are some of the few phrases that made me realize that after almost 4 years of being a nursing student, I feel more motivated to review and pass the upcoming PNLE. Not only for my future but to look beyond and see what this can do to my life, and "to make my parents proud" as well.=)

Here's a photo of us with Dr. Carl E. Balita after the seminar while he was autograph signing his books entitled "Ultimate Learning Guide" for people who bought or has his book. (The photo was taken with Magdalene's Nokia N73.)

0 comments: