Pages

Surprising Top 12 on American Idol (Season 9).

The last four contestants were eliminated on American Idol before having the official top 12. The four contestants who were voted off were namely: Katelyn Epperly (Top Left), Todrick Hall (Bottom Left), Alex Lambert (Top Right), and Lilly Scott (Bottom Right).


America, what were you thinking? To be honest, I was surprised, or should I say, shocked with who were voted off. Is it because of their performance this week? Is it because of their style? Is it because of their personality? Sure, a person will get voted off every week and only one will be named American Idol of Season 9, no doubt. But I think people are still not voting wisely. I guess people have their own bets and I can't blame them for voting who they want. My bets on the last four to be voted off were Paige Miles and Katie Stevens for the females; Tim Urban and Todrick Hall for the males. I guess I had one prediction right.

Since Lilly Scott and Alex Lambert were some of my favorites on the show, I'll be brief about them. It's not that I don't like Katelyn Epperly and Todrick Hall. Katelyn Epperly may have been predicted to be eliminated, along with Todrick Hall, because both had only one good week to keep them to go that far, compared to other contestants. But I think all the contestants are great. They all have talents. And that's why they were included in the top 24. I just felt that the two contestants that I like deserved to be in the top 12.

Here's what I thought of Lilly Scott and Alex Lambert:

Lilly Scott? She was one of my favorites on the show! I can't believe she didn't make it to the Top 12! With a voice like hers. I just love her voice. It sounds unique. I actually thought Katie Stevens would go home instead with the judges not pleased with this week's performance of her singing Kelly Clarkson's "Break Away." Paige Miles had a wrong choice of song as told by the judges. But she safely backed it up with how the song means so much to her and almost brought her to tears, which made it hard for her to sing it. Safe catch there Paige! I don't know what the people voting saw. Maybe because they want to see more of Katie since she hasn't shown enough potential yet. Is it because of Lilly's song choice that Simon thinks is quirky and play-safe? Or maybe they didn't find Lilly's style of singing appealing to them?

How about Alex Lambert? I liked him too. I agree with the judges with his confidence being the problem. Aside from that, he has a good voice. Randy even mentioned that his voice was similar to that of James Morrison. That's what I thought too. Andrew Garcia and him were the last two standing before calling out the last name for the number 12th spot. They both are good singers. They should have have been the last two standing there. Adam even cried. I'll have to admit, from the very start of me hearing Tim Urban perform OneRepublic's "Apologize" on the show, I said to myself, "That was just wrong. I'm sure he messed up his chances." But I was wrong. He even reached the top 12! I don't know what it is about Tim, he's cute, yes, but I may have to agree with what Kara said on the first week, that people may only be voting him for his looks and not of his voice. I still stick to what she says 'til now. Lucky him to be called back to top 24. And Ellen going up on stage to hug him? Another one of his luck to pull him through the week.

Two of my fave contestants were voted off American Idol. I'm guessing that the people voted them off too early because they foresee star quality in them even if they didn't get to be in the top 12 or win American Idol. That's just a thumbs down for watching the show. People need to vote wisely. And that saying never ends. But to me, American Idol winner or not, they have already reached it. From the exposure they had on the show, their career of being singers has already begun. That's how live shows are.

Well, here it is! The official Top 12 of American Idol (Season 9):
(In order of announcing on the show)
1. Didi Benami
2. Siobhan Magnus
3. Paige Miles
4. Casey James
5. Tim Urban
6. Lee Dewyze
7. Crystal Bowersox
8. Michael Lynche
9. Lacey Brown
10. Aaron Kelly
11. Andrew Garcia
12. Katie Stevens

0 comments: