Pages

Changes

Chicken Soup has been one of my favorite books. And still is. I love all the books of Chicken Soup! I love all the stories and poems compiled in each series of this books (even the cute drawings in them too ^-^) because they are all real life to ponder on and can easily be related to. As I was reading my Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 2 again, I read this poem that not only I can relate to, but everyone. This poem talks about friendship and accepting changes, and it is titled "Changes":

"Friends forever," you promised.
"Together till the end."
We did everything with each other.
You were my best friend.

When I was sad, you were by my side.
When I was scared, you felt my fear.
You were my best support --
If I need you, you were there.

You were the greatest friend,
You always knew what to say;
You made everything seem better.
As long as we had each other,
Everything would be okay.

Bt somewhere along the line,
We slowly came apart.
I was here, you were there,
It tore a hole in my heart.

Things were changing,
Our cheerful music reversed its tune.
It was like having salt without pepper,
A sun without its moon.

Suddenly we were miles apart,
Two different people, with nothing the same.
It was as if we hadn't been friend;
Although we knew deep in our hearts
Neither one of us was to blame.

You had made many new friends
And luckily, so had I
But that didn't change the hurt –
The loss of our friendship made me cry.

As we grow older, things must change
But they don't always have to end.
Even though it is different now,
You will always be my friend.

***


So, what did you guys think of the poem? Can you relate to it like I did? Kind of sad in a way huh? This poem made me realize that people change, good or bad. Just like the poem itself, I had experienced almost the same things as what is written (I know you guys did, too). It doesn't mean you forget the past or try to cover it up. It simply means that you move on, and treasure all the memories. Even if you couldn't do anything to fix it, cry over it, nothing would happen unless it's destiny for you guys to be best friends LoL. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's no use for crying, you can cry but not cry too much over it. Because people change and we have to accept that fact. Just be thankful for letting them be a part of your life and let the memories (good or bad) remain treasured in our hearts. Sorry to all the people/friends that I've hurt. Thanks for everything! You know who you guys are. Miss you guys! Enough with emoting. This is where I end my reaction. ^-^

0 comments: